Updated Friday, June 2nd
Welcome to our weekly rundown of the most in-demand industrial products and services in the U.S. right now. At MNI, as well as providing quality industrial sales leads among 460,000 industrial business in the U.S., we also keep track of what equipment, parts, services millions of industrial buyers are searching for across 11,000 distinct product and service categories on our industrial marketplace IndustryNet.
Wondering what are some high-demand industries right now? Below is a list of the most in-demand industrial products and services in the U.S. this week, based on total number of searches on MNI’s industrial marketplace IndustryNet.
Below is a list of the most in-demand industrial products and services in the U.S. this week, based on total number of searches on MNI’s industrial marketplace IndustryNet.
1. Food Products (led by canned, frozen food products, and dry food products)
2. Steel (led by recycled steel, carbon steel, and flat-rolled steel)
3. Chemicals (Led by oil field, rubber makers’, and contract manufacturing chemicals)
4. Lumber (led primarily by hardwood lumber)
5. Contractors (led by building contractors, general contractors, and industrial contractors.)
6. Printing (led by label printing, offset printing, and newspaper printing)
7. Doors (led by overhead doors, hollow metal doors, and pre-hung doors)
8. Valves (led by automotive valves and stainless steel valves)
9. Pipe (led by plastic pipe, steel pipe, and stainless steel pipe)
10. Plastics (led by molded plastics, rotationally molded plastics, and reaction injected molded plastics)
Below is a rundown of the industrial products and services that showed an increase in searches week-over-week (measured May 4th through May 10th)
• Hoists (175%): Searches for hoists rose 175% this week. These included searches for construction hoists, electric hoists, and hydraulic hoists.
• Pumps (119%): Searches for pumps climbed 119% this week, led by searches for pneumatic pumps, liquid ring pumps, and water pumps.
• Coatings (102%): Companies were looking for more coatings this week, with that category up 102%. Adhesive coatings, corrosion resistant coatings, and protective coatings were among the most popular.
• Screws (89%) Buyers were searching for more screws this week, with that category’s searches up 89%. These included searches for conveyor screws, metric screws, and threaded screws.
• Conveyors (77%) Buyers were searching for more conveyors this week, with that category’s searches up 77%, led largely by searches for stainless steel conveyors.
• Extruded Plastics (73%): Buyers were on the hunt for more extruded plastics this week, with that category up 73%.
• Control Panels (60%): Searches for control panels climbed 60% this week.
• Bolts (55%): Bolts were in greater demand, with searches in that category up 55%. These included searches for construction bolts, eye bolts, and anchor bolts.
• Lubricants (42%): Lubricants were in greater demand, with searches in that category up 42%. Industrial lubricants, packaging lubricants, and metalworking lubricants were among the most popular.
• Cement (41%): Searches for cement rose 41% this week. These included searches for masonry cement, oilwell cement, and white cement.
• Springs (40%): Buyers were on the hunt for more springs this week, with that category up 40%. Coil springs, furniture springs, and wire springs were the most sought after.
• Plastics (31%): Companies were looking for more plastics this week, with that category up 31%. Molded plastics, rotationally molded plastics, and reaction injected molded plastics were the most popular.
• Pipe, Valves & Fittings (28%): Searches in the Pipe, Valves & Fittings category rose 28% this week.
With so many companies looking for products and services like yours, now is the time to explore new markets and forge connections in the industrial world.
Whether you’re selling packaging services, marketing for a machinery company, helping manufacturers with their staffing needs or simply looking to expand into new markets, IndustrySelect is the most effective way to reach decision makers in the manufacturing world.
Powered by MNI’s hand-verified industrial information, IndustrySelect provides instant access to 460,000 industrial business profiles, including one million executives to help you identify the best leads for your campaign.
Profiles include direct executive email addresses for hard-to-reach decision makers. Click here to try out a free demo.
Are you an industrial company looking to stand out among millions of industrial buyers in search of your products or services? IndustryNet provides a direct path for companies to increase their visibility. Learn more about our marketing solutions.
Or, are you on the hunt for industrial supplies? Search, sort, and quote for free among 400,000 U.S. manufacturing companies on IndustryNet.
Check back for our next Intent Data Friday, June 9th, or connect with us on LinkedIn.
Editor's note: This article is updated with new statistics weekly.
Want more info like this? IndustrySelect's exclusive intent data shows you where you should focus your efforts to maximize sales, so you can do more with less. All at no additional cost to our users. Learn more.