Updated Friday, December 1st, 2023
Welcome to our weekly rundown of the most in-demand industrial products and services in the U.S. right now. At MNI, as well as providing comprehensive profiles of 460,000 industrial businesses in the U.S., we also keep track of what equipment, parts, services millions of industrial buyers are searching for across 11,000 distinct product and service categories on our industrial marketplace IndustryNet.
Wondering what are some high-demand industries right now? Below is a list of the most in-demand industrial products and services in the U.S. this week, based on total number of searches on MNI’s industrial marketplace IndustryNet.
1. Roofing: Led by steel roofing, metal roofing, and industrial roofing.
2. Food Products: Led by frozen food products and canned food products
3. Contractors: Led by general contractors and building contractors
4. Packaging: Led by corrugated packaging, industrial packaging, and fruit packaging.
5. Steel: Led by recycled steel and carbon steel
6. Pipe: Led by searches for stainless steel pipe, culvert & sewer pipe, and plastic pipe.
7. Lumber: Led by hardwood lumber.
8. Glass: Led by automotive glass and tempered glass.
9. Valves: Led by automotive valves, stainless steel valves, and air conditioning valves.
10. Signs: Led by safety signs, illuminated signs, and electronic signs.
Below is a rundown of the industrial products and services that showed an increase in searches week-over-week:
• Lubricants (590%): Companies were searching for more lubricants this week, with that category's searches up 590%. These included searches for packaging lubricants, industrial lubricants, and automotive lubricants.
• Cable (342%): Searches for cable rose 342% this week, led by searches for networking cable, fiber optic cable, and coaxial cable.
• Assemblies (288%): Assemblies were in greater demand, with searches in that category rising 288% this week. These included searches for mechanical assemblies, surface mount assemblies, and interconnect assemblies.
• Valves (102%): Valves were in greater demand, with searches in that category rising 102% this week. Searches were led by automotive valves, stainless steel valves, and air conditioning valves.
• Printing (89%): Searches for printing rose 89% this week, including searches for packaging printing, label printing, and offset printing.
• Sensors (66%): Sensors were in demand, with searches in that category rising 66% this week. These included searches for moisture sensors, photoelectric sensors, and ultrasonic sensors.
• Abrasives (58%): Buyers were searching for more abrasives this week, with that category's searches up 58%, led by diamond abrasives, metallic abrasives, and woven abrasives.
• Filters (58%): Buyers were searching for more filters this week, with that category's searches up 58%. Searches were led by stainless steel filters, automotive filters, and compressed air filters.
• Conveyors (53%): Searches for conveyors rose 53% this week, led by stainless steel conveyors, belt conveyors, and pneumatic conveyors.
• Doors (29%): Companies were searching for more doors this week, with that category's searches up 29%, including searches for overhead doors and wooden doors.
• Adhesives (27%): Searches for adhesives rose 27% this week, led by rubbed adhesives, industrial adhesives, and ceramic adhesives.
• Coatings (24%): Buyers were searching for more coatings this week, with that category's searches up 24%. Searches were led by waterproof coatings, automotive coatings, and plastic coatings.
• Tubing (22%): Tubing was in greater demand, with searches in that category up 22%, led by searches for stainless steel tubing, carbon steel tubing, and copper tubing.
With so many companies looking for products and services like yours, now is the time to explore new markets and forge connections in the industrial world.
Whether you’re selling packaging services, marketing for a machinery company, helping manufacturers with their staffing needs or simply looking to expand into new markets, IndustrySelect is the most effective way to reach decision makers in the manufacturing world.
Powered by MNI’s hand-verified industrial information, IndustrySelect provides instant access to 460,000 industrial business profiles, including one million executives to help you identify the best leads for your campaign.
Are you an industrial company looking to stand out among millions of industrial buyers in search of your products or services? IndustryNet provides a direct path for companies to increase their visibility. Learn more about our marketing solutions.
Or, are you on the hunt for industrial supplies? Search, sort, and quote for free among 400,000 U.S. manufacturing companies on IndustryNet.
Check back for our next Intent Data Friday.
Editor's note: This article is updated with new statistics weekly.
Want more info like this? IndustrySelect's exclusive intent data shows you where you should focus your efforts to maximize sales, so you can do more with less. All at no additional cost to our users. Learn more.